blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Friday, October 14, 2005

It's Friday Night

And the mood is right.
Gonna have some fun,
Show ya how it's done,
TGIF!

(Thank Goodness It's Funny!)

(Wow, I had no idea ABC still referred to their Friday night line up as TGIF. I assumed that had gone the way of the Dinosaur. I'm the baby, gotta love me!)

Would you believe I haven't even had caffeine yet today? I've got that Friday fever buzzing through my veins. Two work-free days, full of fun like Liz's birthday party, UVA vs. FSU, Aaron's wedding, the fieries, and a SKINS game! Yessssssssss!

Speaking of birthdays, holy crap. My friends' parents really need to chill out with the mid-January nookie. Recent bdays:
  • 10/6: Toner and Rico
  • 10/7: Dad
  • 10/8: The Bullachs
  • 10/10: Stina
  • 10/13: Alyssa
  • 10/14 (here's the kicker): Becca, Kasey, The O'Briens, Turok, Sunil
  • 10/16: Lizzard
WOW that's a lot of birth! For those of you whose birthday parties I'll be missing, I appologize and hope you have wonderful nights!

I got really off track here. I meant for this to be a music post! First off, a few new bands I've gotten some mp3s of and am highly anticipating future extended listening:
  • What Made Milwaukee Famous
  • SOUND team
  • The Go! Team
  • The Joggers
Check out gorilla vs. bear and Central Village for mp3s.

As gajillions of other bloggers have mentioned, the new tracks from Cat Power and The Cardigans are both pretty darn good.

Also! New albums I've gotten. Haven't worked my way through all of them yet, so commentary will be limited to the ones I've actually heard.
  • Franz Ferdinand: I like it. No great leaps from album #1 or anything, but good for the same reasons, which is exactly what I was expectingi.
  • Fiona Apple!: She's done it again folks. Where's Jenna's lebaron when we need it, to drive around and sing angry soulful girl music really loud?
  • Broken Social Scene: I like it. a lot.
  • Editors: Gave it about half a listen. Good background music, nothing earth shaking, but a solid album.
  • Hard Fi: Still trying to get my hands on Stars of CC TV for less than $21.99, but this EP is a nice little starter kit. I like these guys. Danceable brit rock. If anybody wants to throw a copy of their full album my way, I'd love you. Lots.
  • Haven't fully listened yet: OK Go, Metric, Nada Surf, Sigur Ros, Elbow, Nouvelle Vague. I'll let ya know.
Have yourselves a good weekend.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Mark said...

Pop quiz hot shot: Can you finish the line, "What made Milwaukee famous..."???

4:54 PM  
Blogger Blogs t r e t c h said...

No, no I can't. But the powers at Google tell me that it's a Jerry Lee Lewis lyric. What did you have in mind?

8:52 AM  
Blogger Blogs t r e t c h said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:52 AM  
Anonymous Hector said...

I've got the Hard-Fi album. Could totally make you a copy if you like.

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home