blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

musics t r e t c h

I've temporarily lost my mind, I'm pretty sure. Since Mike moved out, I've been doing a pretty good job of living more sparsely. I've been to the mall and tower once each since Christmas. If you don't know, that's really really impressive for me. Well, my retail gene has been active again over the past week or so, at least as far as music purchases go. Between Tower and iTunes, I've bought 9 new albums over the past week. Which was totally unnecessary because I have a stack two feet tall of CDs I've been sent by promoters that I haven't had time to listen to yet. And the Akron/Family, Wolfmother, etc. albums I've had for a while and not listened to at all. So, as you can see, completely unnecessary music purchasing. But it makes me so very very happy, so, let's review what's new.

  • Ken, Stop! Look! Sing Songs of Revolution! -- it sounded good at the in-store listening station
  • Hard Fi, Stars of CCTV -- underwhelming show, still a great album
  • Goldfrapp, Supernature -- ditto to Ken
  • She Wants Revenge, self titled -- I can't resist something described as "Interpol meets Prince"
  • The Sounds, Dying to Say This to You -- Steg & Joey have been singing the praises of The Sounds for a while now, so I had to check the new album out
  • Richard Swift, The Richard Swift Collection Vol I -- I've been obsessed with "As I Go" for months now, since GVB turned me on to it. It's definitely still the album's standout, but I'm enjoying the rest of what Mr. Swift has to offer.
  • Giant Drag, Hearts and Unicorns -- their wacky front woman lured me in opening for Stellastar last fall, and the more I've heard, the more I've liked. Looking forward to the whole album.
  • Taps n Tapes, The Loon -- I've tried to buy this for months (another GVB reccomendation), and it wasn't until this morning that I could finally find it. SCORE!
  • Islands, Return to the Sea -- Everybody seems to love Unicorns (the former name of Islands), and this project is getting a lot of love too.
Now, to my irks:
  1. It's April. Why does eMusic say I only have 3 downloads remaining? That's how many I had left last month. What's up nuckas?
  2. Why did iTunes offer me the new Flaming Lips and Vines albums, but then tell me they weren't available when I tried to buy them?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home