blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Monday, May 22, 2006

Maya Bond

I just don't know what to make of this. GVB discusses a new indie rocker, as he often does. The catch: this indie rocker is four years old. I'll be honest, "Cute Papa" isn't a bad song. But she didn't -- couldn't have -- write the music. Somebody clearly said hey, this child's precocious! Let's shove a mic in her hand and produce the hell out of it! It's gimmicky as all hell, and pretty creepy. But I suppose I'm only perpetuating the problematic buzz I'm anticipating by discussing it here. Dammit all.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

have you heard of Smoosh? (Swoosh? Something like that?) apparently hipsters love them. i think it's two 12 year old girls, who suck, and sound like they're on that "hits 4 kidz" cd, where they have kids singing pop songs and change the "risky" lyrics. once again, hipsters, you absolutely blow me away at what you let into your Circle de Cool.

11:55 AM  
Anonymous Tyler said...

that was me who left the above, btw.

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home