5 Things You Might Not Know About Me
UPDATE: Errrr, forgot the whole tagging portion of the meme thing. Sorry. Most of my blogging world has already done this, so I'll tag Drew and... uh... the following people to execute it in the comments: Becky, Jenna, Beth and Betsy.
Courtesy of Catherine, I'm it.
1. Susan totally stole my "brief but illustrious modeling career" tidbit, and with a much better backstory. But at age 14 with all the height I have now and about half the weight, I had a fledgling modeling career that ended when I declared to my mother that it "felt like prostitution."
2. It may be a bit boring to piggy back on other people's selections for a list like this, but, whatever. Catherine's #3 is well known to me because Catherine's first cousin Chris is a very very good friend of mine, predecessing and unrelated to my relationship with Catherine. The wife of the grandfather she mentions knows of me as "the girl the turtle's named after."
3. I have irrational fears of bugs, escalators and helicopters. My fear of clowns though -- I don't think that's irrational at all.
4. For the first three years or so of my life, my parents were really worried that I was never going to develop a sense of humor because I was so extremely serious and didn't smile or laugh. Also, for the first week or so of my life, my parents feared I may die because I didn't eat, drink, poop or pee. Don't worry, I mastered it all in subsequent years.
5. My sorority invited me to play on our intramural softball team solely for the purpose of getting to watch me run, because in all my gangly, unathletic glory, it's apparently the funniest thing you can observe on any given night in Charlottesville.