blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Sunday, February 17, 2008

He came back to me after all this time

Three weeks ago I lost my wallet. Somewhere between celebrating Capps' birth at Recessions and liberating myself with dance at DC9, it disappeared. I put out an APB, I called managers and commissions left and right, and nothing. Nobody ever attempted to use any of my cards, however, so I remained hopeful. Well, today that hope panned out.

Around 2:30 this afternoon, my cell phone rang. A friendly, angelic voice on the other end said, "Amanda? Hi, I have your wallet." I was elated! Where was it? After three long weeks, it had surfaced! And here's where it gets weird. The call was coming from the Cowboy Cafe -- in Arlington. At the corner of Glebe and Rt 29. My wallet was lost in the district. They said it was found on the sidewalk at the intersection outside the restaurant. This morning.

And, what's even better? Nothing was missing. Not even the gift cards. There is, however, something in there that I don't think was in there before. A name and an email address, on a post it note. I'll let you know if this is the calling card of my tardy yet heroic wallet savior. (Who then, apparently, lost it himself.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home