blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Bridge to where?

Thanks to PopCandy for pointing me in the direction of this article. I've been wondering what in the hell the makers of the movie version of Bridge to Terabithia were thinking and meaning to blog about it for weeks. As I remember the novel, it's pretty much the saddest book ever and mainly about dealing with terrible things in your life, including the death of your best friend. Now, I haven't read this book in probably... 15 years or so, but my mom confirmed the copious amounts of tears I shed while reading it, so, I'm gonna go ahead and assume I'm right on this one. It's much more Secret Garden meets My Girl than it is Baby Lord of the Rings. If I were a parent and wasn't wise to the real subject matter and took my kid to see this, I'd be pissed. Real pissed. Luckily, I'm not a parent and I do know what it's about, so I get to go out and drink beers with my friends instead of take my kids to the movies.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had been thinking that exact same thing! Saddest. Children's. Book. Ever. (except for maybe that one that somehow involves blueberries, but also involves children dying.)

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree. I don't remember the storyline all that well, but I do remember it being the saddest book I have read. Pretty irresponsible on the movie's part, if you ask me. Luckily Jack is too young to take to the movies, so I too can go drink beers with my friends ;)

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home