blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Thursday, September 20, 2007

bees and bees and bees and bees and

Dan Deacon & Girl Talk were, as expected, tons of fun last night. So much dancing, bringing back moves with Stacy, jumping up and down, great times with the Rockist guys, and general sassiness. I've decided to add Greg Gillis to the short list of people I want to play at my wedding. Hypothetical wedding, that is. The Black Cat's staff was especially helpful and gracious last night, especially to the be-crutched Graham, offering him elevator access and free beers. Also, I got the greatest parking spot in the history of concert attendance. I pulled up in front of the BC just as someone was vacating the spot directly out front. A guy saw me in all my parallel parking glory and called me out on it later during the show. Which was funny. I also told Dan Deacon after the show that I had a blast, and he genuinely looked like I made his day. What a nice, down to earth guy. So the majority of my experiences last night were lovely. With one exception: drunk under age kids.

A certain amount of ass-holery is to be expected at a concert. You're gonna get knocked a couple of times when you're in a space that tight. But would saying something along the lines of "excuse me" really kill most people? I experienced some out and out unbelievable acts of rudeness last night. This guy was dancing up all close on me (not in a sexy way, in an "I lack consciousness of personal space" kind of way), and my foot went down on his toe for a second. I immediately turned around and apologized. When I went to the bar a few minutes later, he followed me, walked up to me, and stomped on my foot! I also got genuinely felt up -- starting at the boobs and working his way around to a full on ass grab as some guy made his way through the crowd. I was so shocked I didn't have time to react. And of course, poor vertically-challenged Stacy got elbowed every which way but loose. Also, the guy dancing in front of us who thought he was the coolest thing in the world and kept making his girlfriend/beard take close up shots of him (which have totes got to be up my MySpace by now!) did some serious personal space-encroachment on Stacy towards the end of the night. Rather than pushing him or telling him to fuck off (cause she's not rude), she jokingly sort of danced up on him to show how close he had moved in on her. He turned around and said in the bitchiest tone possible, "you're just like all the girls here tonight" and walked away. So, in summation: don't drink in public till you can handle your liquor, kids. It'll make old foggies like me all sorts of pissed. And you wouldn't want a blogger you're never going to see again to be mad at you, would you?

Oh, one last thing: for probably the 700th time, the Guy That Always Ends Up Standing Next To Me At Concerts did just that again last night. I've never spoken to this guy, but I swear we are next to each other in the crowd of 90% of the shows I go to.

I lied before. Here's the real last thing.

1 Comments:

Blogger rob said...

It was a fantastic show. I didn't notice all the douchebaggery, but then again, I don't have boobs (for people to grope).

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home