blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Monday, April 14, 2008

Not as far off as she thought

Maybe it's just the "Egypsies" part we're supposed to giggle at, but the word "gypsies" really does come from "Egyptian." And I know this because I recently looked it up because I've been reading His Dark Materials.



Unrelated, reading these books (finished the first one/started the second one yesterday) has made me even madder about Stinker than ever. I know there's a serious distinction between a pet and a dæmon, but, it's way more fun reading these with an animal by your side.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was reading the books, I too had the pet/daemon thoughts. When the movie came out, you could use the online tool to have it tell you who/what your daemon was, but I didn't end up with a cat (disappointing)!

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home