blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

You Hear It First

Some of my favorite songs of the moment:

The Perishers, Nothing Like You & I
Rilo Kiley, Portions for Foxes (or pretty much any Rilo Kiley song)
Stars, Set Yourself on Fire
The Decemberists, We Both Go Down Together
The Zutons, Pressure Point
Louis XIV, Finding Out True Love is Blind
The Features, Blow It Out
The Outfield, Your Love (sneaking an 80s song into the mix after hearing Runner and the Thermodynamics cover it)
Aqueduct, Hardcore Days & Softcore Nights
Arcade Fire, Rebellion (Lies)


3 Comments:

Blogger ike said...

Current favorites from my "New & Good" playlist (and an extra tease, becuase I've promised to get the 'Mander a copy of several of these):

Pearl Jam - Soldier of Love
Beck - Que Onda Guero
Ben Folds - Landed
Hieroglyphics - Miles to the Sun
Bloc Party - Blue Light
Bright Eyes - From a Balance Beam
Broken Social Scene - Anthems for a Seventeen Year Old Girl
Annie - No Easy Love
The Mountain Goats - This Year
Sondre Lerche - It's Too Late
Dizzee Rascal - Fix Up, Look Sharp
Black Star - Respiration
Avenue D - 2D2F
LCD Soundsystem - Daft Punk is Playing at my House
Cee-Lo - When we were Friends
13 & God - If

2:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second many of these.....and add to this list:

The metrosexuals- Trixa
Dandy Warhols- Last High
Death Cab for Cutie- entire "Transatlaticism" album
Interpol- Slow Hands
Arcade Fire- Neighborhood # 3
The Streets- Fit but you know it
Franz Ferdinand- Auf Achse
The Shins- entire "Oh Inverted World" album
Simon and Garfunkle- boy in New York song............

YAY!

7:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just want to say that I think that streaming the Liberation Dance Party at work and having the set list in front of me is by far the best thing that has happened to me ALL WEEK. Well besides quitting my crappy job.

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home