blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Friday, February 24, 2006

Unbuckled was Awesome!

Not the most creative headline, but it's straightforward. I had such a great time, and the night was a big success. Thanks so much to Alyssa, Diana, Becca & friends, Liz, Santi, Jenna, John, and Mark for coming out to the show. It was great to hang with all the DCist folks/various bloggers too, as usual. I spent most of the evening manning the raffle prize table... the raffle that no one won. Whoopsies. So we ended up giving out the prizes at random at the end of the night, which was fun too. Oh yeah, and the bands! The bands were good too! I was kind of ADD all over the place and not paying too terribly much attention to them, but what I saw/heard, I liked! A lot! Over all, it was a great night and a big success. The crowd was big and everyone was having fun, so thanks to everyone that came out!

Update: Photographic evidence that people (especially Jenna!) went to Unbuckled and had fun. And I continue to make weird faces in pictures. And this. This is just too good to be true. Pink DCist underwear atop our editor in cheif's head? Fantastic.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on pulling off a great event, Amanda. I had a lot of fun.

Also: poor Ryan.

10:24 AM  
Blogger nm said...

Was the pink DCist underwear one of the raffle prizes? I saw it on various heads over the course of the evening...

1:17 PM  
Blogger Blogs t r e t c h said...

Haha, nope. Every staff member got to order an item from our spreadshirt store, and Scott's design was the pink undies. I thought it was a joke, but they certainly manifested themselves rather nicely.

1:23 PM  
Blogger Peace Little Devil said...

Hey thanks for inviting! And what do you mean no one won the raffle....uh....I love my shirt that I...uh..."won". ;)

2:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for making me a raffle winner at the end of the night, Amanda. I've been listening to the Gang of Four CD all this week at work. The show was a lot of fun!

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home