blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Reality Me

As many of you have heard me rant on before, I'm not the hugest reality tv fan. Most of it is trash, and beyond the first season of almost any reality show, it's lost its lustre, the tricks have been figured out, and everyone is playing angles. You can take all of your Survivors and Bachelors and Trading Mommies to Marry my Big Fat Dumb Dads and shove them in a far off corner to collect dust for all I care. Of course, I don't have a reality-free diet. I succomb occasionally to the many drunken, soulless iterations of the Real World and its various challenges (not religiously, but on the occasional hungover Saturday). I'd main line Laguna Beach if I could. Last night marked something truly odd for my personal tv habits: three hours of reality tv.

American Idol. While this one certainly falls into the sub-par subsequent seasons category, it has its moments. I do like to be in the know about who is who. The first season was my wheelhouse, and I've watched the others sporadically. And more importantly, my mom freaking loves AI. She was over last night, so we ended up watching the boys competition. First of all, this crop seems to be more talented on the whole than most any I've seen before. Second, I'm in love. I'm in love with Ace. He is exactlly my type/physical idea/whatever (though, he could use a haircut). And he can actually sing! Grey-haired Taylor is great too, so were a lot of the guys, but Ace. Ooooooooh Ace! Pitter pat! I have a full-on crush.

Project Runway. Oooooooh how I love Project Runway! Because it's a competition that involves actual skill (it's a competition among fashion designers, for those of you not in-the-know), and there's not a whole lot of wiggle room there, it hasn't lost its edge between seasons 1 and 2. In fact, I think I've enjoyed this year more than last. If anybody else saw last night's reuinion episode, then I'm sure your skin is still thoroughly crawling after Daniel Franko's declaration of love. EWE! This show is so best. If you haven't been watching it, look for a marathon of some sort. It manages to be entertaining without insulting my intelligence, so bravo (aren't I punny?) for Project Runway. Oh, and I love Daniel V! Anybody could walk away with the win at this point, but he's so talentetd, I vote DV!

4 Comments:

Blogger ike said...

so, essentially what you're telling me is that you do, in fact, like reality tv.

11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like Amazing Race... cant stop watching it when it's on.
It's the only reality show I watch (minus some real world here and there) and I just LOVE it... and really want to go on it.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Blogs t r e t c h said...

No, I'm saying that these two examples have made the cut. Most things do not. So, I like some reality tv. Yeah.

12:01 PM  
Blogger Peace Little Devil said...

Haha - I was about to protest your hatred of reality TV to ask if you had ever seen my FAVE show Project Runway...when you answered my question. :) I'm a Chloe fan myself though...(but I would have been torn if Nick had made it to the top 3 like he should have)

P.S. I feel a girlfight coming on over Ace - I think I fell in love with him last night!!!

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home