blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

The Caffeinated Press

It's been months since I've ordered my old stand by -- the Caramel Macchiato -- at Starbucks. Come November, they bring out the Pumpkin Spice Lattes (PSLs), then that flows right into the delicious drop of Christmastime drinks -- Gingerbread Lattes and Peppermint Mochas. Then, this year, those magnificent bastards went and unveiled my latest latte love -- the Cinnamon Dolce Latte, right after the holidays. This morning, though, I thought, "it's Valentines Day. I'll reconnect with an old flame," and ordered up a Caramel Macchiato, to see if I still had that lovin feelin. It is with a heavy heart that I report that the Cinnamon Dolce Latte is about 800 times more delicious than the Caramel Macchiato, and will be on the receiving end of my box of conversation hearts this year. We had a good run, CM, but you just don't stand up to the new guy. You're the Josh Hartnett to CDL's Chris Klein. Take care, and I wish you all the best.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe it! CM is my all time fav.
I will have to go and try this out. Hope this WOM works out!

11:50 AM  
Blogger Blogs t r e t c h said...

Note: I forgot to link to DCeiver, but "magnificent bastards" was a direct reference to him (and his opinion on Joel Surnow).

11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Insider's tip: Starbucks has Peppermint Mocha all year round, but they only put it on the menu around the holidays. I know this because I'm an addict and asked once if they could still serve me. So ever since, I buy 'em almost every day. So I'm thinking MAYBE they also have the other flavors year round, too...it's worth a try.

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home