blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Friday, February 03, 2006

Long Night/Good Morning

I had the scarriest dream last night. I've forgotten most of the details, but I know this for certain: me, Sommer from The OC and my mom were being attacked by terrorists. Well, a terrorist. In the dream, he was definitely a terrorist and not just like, a bad dude. It was full on horror movie chase scene phone lines cut jumping out of windows soaking wet for no reason bananas. I'm pretty sure the terrorist in question was Marwan from 24. I kept waking up, all heart racey and overheated, with Stinker standing over me like "Mom! Are you ok?!?" And everytime I went back to sleep, WOOSH! Terrorville. GWB's vice grip of fear has seeped into my REM sleep, and I don't like it.

What I really do like, however, is listening to people order breakfast. You just never know! This morning at the Atrium, I got sausage, egg & cheese on wheat toast. The man behind me -- french toast and scrambled egg whites. The next guy -- pancakes, bacon and eggs. The next guy -- toasted croissant with butter. Such good ordering! I really don't know why I find this so intriguing, but there's something creative and unexpected there, and early in the morning, that's kind of delightful.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Deceiver said...

Was Marwan rocking it gangsta style?

As in: http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/5868/471/320/marwan.jpg

5:01 PM  
Blogger Blogs t r e t c h said...

Ya know, I'm fairly certain that hilariousness was the source of my night terror. So yes, straight gangsta style!

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home