blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Friday, March 31, 2006

4 for Me

Inspired by a post on Betsy's blog, I wrote an email to a few people yesterday with an asinine little list game, of the email quiz ilk I spent countless hours completing and forwarding around age 15. But this one's in short form and pretty fun. Feel free to complete it on your own blog/leave your answers in the comments. Also, feel free to only answer some categories, or add more! In the words of a coworker, this weather is putting me in a "senior slump" of sorts. I have no interest in being at the office, only in being on a porch. Eating a hot dog. Drinking a keg beer.

4 movies you could watch over and over again
  1. Fried Green Tomatoes
  2. Dirty Dancing
  3. Varsity Blues/most any sports movie
  4. Little Mermaid
Yeah, so?

4 jobs you've had in your life
  1. Outback Steakhouse, hostess with the mostess
  2. Northern Virginia Hematology & Oncology, general office goffer
  3. Worldstrides, Roamer (student travel company -- I was in charge of getting kids from the bus to the plane or vice versa)
  4. TMP Worldwide, current job -- was on account service, now I'm moving over to be a writer

4 tv shows you watch
  1. OC
  2. Veronica Mars
  3. Lost
  4. Grey's Anatomy
4 websites you visit daily
  1. http://www.zunta.org/blog/
  2. http://dceiver.blogspot.com/
  3. http://blogs.usatoday.com/popcandy/
  4. http://theblathering.com/
secondary shout out to the websites i read and write for daily: this one and dcist.com

4 favorite foods
  1. Italian water ice in Stone Harbor, NJ (best flavor: watermellon)
  2. Crab (picking crabs)
  3. Funfetti cupcakes
  4. Anything my mom makes... pretty much ever

4 places you'd rather bet right now
  1. On the dock at Stone Harbor with my cousin Kevin, circa 1990
  2. In Charlottesville around 2002, on a spring afternoon, when DU decided to have a BBQ
  3. In the Vienna Woods swimming pool, anytime growing up, mid-July
  4. Playing flashlight tag with Diana, Bobby, Jeff, Justin (the neighborhood crew) around age 9

4 songs you listened to most recently
  1. Walkmen, "The Rat"
  2. Rosebuds, "Warm Where You Lay"
  3. Richard Swift, "Not Wasting Time"
  4. Flaming Lips, "The W.A.N.D."

4 types of candy you do not like
  1. Black Liccorice
  2. Warheads
  3. Those peanut butter taffy things Becky eats around halloween
  4. Peeps
4 things you got in trouble for as a child
  1. The permanent marker/formal wear/high chair/anything within reach incident around age 2
  2. Stealing candy at the grociery store (I think it was Starburst)
  3. Temporary insanity anytime we ate at Busch's
  4. Eating nerds/drinking kool aid in the living room (they didn't interact well with the carpet)
4 things whose absence would change your day to day life (the non-cheesey way of saying, things you couldn't live without)
  1. iPod
  2. Stinker!
  3. DVR
  4. the internets
4 celebrities/famous figures you think you'd actually get along with if you hung out
  1. George Clooney
  2. SMG
  3. Adam Brody
  4. Jon Stewart
4 things you wouldn't openly admit to liking, but really, really do (song/artist/movie/etc.)
  1. The Hillary Duff song, "Come Clean"
  2. The (recently ended) WB series, "What I Like About You"
  3. Maroon 5
  4. Justin Timberlake

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The thing about loving candy that everyone else hates is that you never have to fight anyone for it.

4:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I sent you my email earlier, I didn't do the last category, so here you go:
4 things you wouldn't openly admit to liking, but really, really do (song/artist/movie/etc.)
1. Martha Stewart, in all of her omnimedia glory
2. ABBA
3. Volvo Sedans
4. Meatloaf (the food, not the singer)

I excluded Peeps and the peanut butter things, since apparently they're common knowledge.

4:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

4 movies I could watch over and over again:
1. Garden State
2. Jerry Maguire
3. any Star Wars movie
4. Love Actually

4 Jobs I've had in my life:
(amazingly I've had EIGHT)
1. Algonkian Regional Park Golf Course--pro shop wench and cart girl
2. Landsdowne Resort--hostess
3. Olive Garden--waitress
4. Mountain Pointe High School--Head Athletic Trainer

4 TV Shows I watch:
1. Amazing Race
2. Lost
3. OC
4. Grey's Anatomy

4 Websites I visit daily:
1. www.people.com
2. pinkisthenewblog
3. blogstretch
4. wellnesscoachesusa.com

4 favorite foods:
1. Beans & Macaroni
2. Anything from Maggianos
3. My mom's Potato Salad
4. A really good hot dog

4 Places I'd rather be right now:
1. ARIZONA (with good friends and good family)
2. On a boat (or cruise ship) in the Virgin Islands
3. The beach
4. 4th year at UVA (it's spring... who wouldnt want to be in Cville?)

4 Types of Candy I dont like:
1. Anything involving marshmallows
2. Licorice (red or black)
3. Yellow starbursts
4. salt water taffy

4 things I got in trouble for as a child:
1. Cutting Robbie's hair right before picture day (in a very visible location).
2. Throwing a tantrum when I wasnt allowed to go to Cedar Point when I was sick
3. This isnt mine but I love to tell people how much in trouble Robbie got in for biting our babysitter and making her go to the hospital.
4. Numerous times for fighting over the front seat.

4 things whose absence would change your day to day life:
1. My cats
2. Josh
3. TV
4. computer

4 celebrities you think you'd actually get along with:
1. Jennifer Aniston
2. Zack Braff
3. Ashton Kutcher
4. Lauren Graham

AMANDA!!! I really liked What I Like About you too!!! AND
2. lots of Soap Operas
3. America's Funniest Home Videos
4. Cleaning

8:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home