blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

My New Favorite Person to Hate!

Bloggy friends, meet Heidi, the idiot roomate to Lauren (L.C.) on MTV's new Laguna Beach spinoff, The Hills. I don't know that I've ever seen someone -- even on reality tv -- display such a dearth of intelligence. Here are a few samples of her meeting with the dean of her new school:
Describe yourself in high school. What were you like?
I did nothing -- never went to class, just shopped and stuff.

Have you looked at the curriculum?
No.

You know it takes a lot of work and experience to get to that party planning level of PR.
Really? It doesn't just happen right away?

No... would you be willing to work in retail sales?
Like actually working on the floor? No, I don't think I could do that.

Are you sure you're at the right school?
Yes.
She didn't get any smarter throughout the course of the episode. Instead of moving her stuff into her new apartment, she suns and makes new friends at the pool. She talks loudly while Lauren is on the phone with her new job. She risks Lauren getting in trouble at said new job by crashing their party and having a fight with her boyfriend at said party. I don't know what's worse -- if she really is that unconscious of the world around her as a result of rich girl disease, or if she is willing to take cues from MTV and let the world get to know her as an insipid moron. Either way, it's safe to say that I. Hate. Heidi. I'm fairly certain that I'll subject myself to this show throughout the summer, and I'm also fairly certain I'll hate every second of it. Bring on the Wednesday night social gatherings to get me away from the tv!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know! It was actually painful to watch. I kept trying to think about anyone that I knew who was that awful and couldn't come up with anyone. That's a good thing, albeit somewhat surprising considering some of the dingbats that went to UVA (not any of our friends, of course).

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home