blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Friday, May 26, 2006

I'm A Million

At some moment of over enthusiasm before The Walkmen started last night, a nerve in my left shoulderblade got pinched. It's happened to me before, happens once every several years. I'm not sure what movement or condition brings it on, but is usually sticks around for about a day and shakes itself off. Anyhow, I'm laid up today, and the fact that I'm home from work because my back went out makes me feel... less than young and hip.

In other news, The Walkmen were fantastic. Yet again, the sound in the venue was lacklustre while NPR recorded the live show. But, the guys kicked ass. Paul and Ham maintain their status as dreamy rock stars. Based on published set times, I was hoping I'd be able to get to DC9 in time for at least a bit of Georgie James' set, but no dice. I did get to see lots of always wonderful DCist faces and mingle with a generally cool selection of the DCist-reading community -- though I didn't get my DCist temporary tattoo, so that'll have to be remedied shortly.

At least being lame gives me the chance to watch the Lost finale.

If anyone knows some tricky back remedies, please let me know.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

RICE! Rest Ice Compression and Elevation! No heat at all for the next TWO days. All that does is increase the inflammation. Ice directly on the area that is painful.. unless it's one of those gel ice packs... then you'll need a towel so it doesnt stick to your skin. Twenty minutes of ice on the area... then 45 minutes off, then 20 on, etc.! I think you said it was in your shoulder blade... does your arm go numb at all? Stretch the area by grabbing the arm of the side that hurts you and pulling it against the front of your body. There are some other exercises and stretches I can send you but you have to give me some more details. Feel better old lady!

12:22 PM  
Blogger ike said...

EDAMAME! That's not an acronym, it's delicious and I'm eating some right now.

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home