blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Far More Nefarious

Last night, the in-the-knowiest of the DC blogiverse occupied themselves in what was undoubtly a festival of gleeful squeals as they all took over gallery place and watched SoaP. This morning, I awoke to something far more nefarious.

Ants in a Kitchen.

Some pertinent background information:
-I'm a complete and total bugaphob.
-I'm also fairly annoying about keeping a clean house.
-I spent my entire Friday night at home, cleaning my kitchen.

My first paniced reaction: put Stinker on the counter, let him kill them all! His reaction was more along the lines of, what the hell's wrong with you mom? So I proceded to the papertowel and windex aided smash fest approach. Killing them by the 10s, cleaning up as I went.

This simply will not do. Ant genocide just isn't the most pleasant way to start a day, especially when I'm hosting a suare' this evening. I'd also like to submit that no matter how florally scented, but spray is gross. And those little ant traps don't do sh*t.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Deceiver said...

The ant traps did it for us. It's possible, though, that my digs attracted a far more pussy strain of ants.

There's some cat friendly anti-insect shit called Orange Alert or something that I think is available at Whole Foods or Trader Joes. I can't remember. But it worked--this last time we didn't have any left and so we used the traps because they were easier to obtain during a hectic week.

Also, the cucumber version of Method Kitchen COunter Cleaner kills those fuckers INSTANAEOUSLY without poisoning your cat or kitchen or counters or food.

3:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home