blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Read this, sit near a trash can

(So that you have a place to puke when finished)

Alyssa sent me this article from the LA Times about Joe Francis, the founder of the Girls Gone Wild empire. Rarely have I been as appauled, horrified or sickened by something as I was by this reporter's account of this man sociopath. It launched me into armchair sociologist, bemoaning the state of affairs in this country, from the Paris Hiltons to the privilaged rich white boys to the coddling helicopter parents and beyond.

The most disturbing part of this entirely disturbing article is when after he RAPES a girl, she says that when she looks back on the incident, she feels "weird." Have we become so removed and jaded and... I don't even know what, that a girl (a virgin no less) can essentially be drugged, tricked and raped, and all she knows how to feel is "weird"? And that when she told her family about it, they were mad at her and she was embarassed, rather than helping her press charges?

Anyhow, I thought the article was worth sharing if for no other reason than to discourage anyone I know from spending a penny on any of Francis' products, and to think about all of the truly horrible problems within our culture this monster and his success showcase.

End soapbox.

3 Comments:

Blogger ike said...

It's a bird! It's a plane! It's a popped collar!

NO! IT'S SUUUUUUUPER FRATBOY!!!!

I believe Francis's affliction is similar to this man's.

2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I for one am hoping this is the beginning of Joe Francis' downfall. There is nothing cool about feeding booze to teenagers then waiting til they're drunk enough to have sex---and the hell with them if they say NO, I'm Joe Francis! I can do whatever the fuck I want. I own this place. I can hide behind all my slick lawyers. I have no conscience.

11:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great find. i feel nauseous.

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home