blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Monday, August 21, 2006

Favorite TV Characters

In response to PopCandy's response to Joss Whedon's response to James Gunn's list of 25 favorite tv characters, I'll give you some of mine. Big ups to the overlappers that would have definitely made my list had they not already been mentioned:

-Buffy Summers, BTVS (obviously -- my hero, my idol, my Buffster)
-Angela Chase, MSCL (I echo Wendy's comments, and update it with "if my kids ask me what I was like in the 90s -- just replace all "Jordan Catalano"s with "Will Royall"s")
-Kirk Gleason, Gilmore Girls
-Josh from the West Wing
-Phoebe on Friends
-Logan Echols, Veronica Mars (to go from detestable to all that I dream about and long for in the matter of one season -- that's quite a character)
-Jim from The Office
-Agent Dale Cooper, Twin Peaks
-Ruper Giles, BTVS. The scene at the end of the evil Willow season where he walks in makes me cry to this day.
-Chloe from 24

On to my additions of favoritude. I'd also like to echo the brilliant Joss's statements that I maintain the right to revoke these at any moment when I realize OMG I totally forgot my real favorite!!!!

-Willow Rosenberg, BTVS. Sidekick. Best friend. Genius. Witch. Lesbian (well, let's all try and forget that lesbian part -- I never really bought it).

-Anya, BTVS. She played the demon turned human, awkwardly learning how to be human with humor and deadpan pinache.

-Veronica Mars. A Buffy for the new generation.

-Keith Mars. This guy knocked Sandy Cohen out of my Favorite TV Dad top spot.

-Ricky Vasquez, MSCL. He was like Willow, without the wicka. And, he was actually related to Tino.

-Dwight, The Office. Though I enjoy Jim's plays off of Dwight more than anything else, he sets up most of the hilarious scenes in the show. The concussion and speech episodes made me laugh harder than anything else I've seen in recent history.

-Vanessa Chamberlain, Guiding Light. Yeah, I watch soaps. What of it? She's my favorite daytime matriarch. And she totally got together with the sexy young guy in town and lived happily ever after, while everybody else stayed in drama land.

-Laurelai Gilmore. Even my own clever mother can't compete with her fast talking cut ups. But she's got the whole being the best mom ever thing down pat.

-Michelle, Gilmore Girls. The hoity toity foil that adds to every scene he's part of.

-Michael Guerrin, Roswell. Mainly because he was super hot, and had an attitude. And he and Maria both had incredible lips, so their makeout scenes were fantastic.

-Summer Roberts, The OC. The vapid princess with depth and a heart of gold. She's always coming up with surprising levels of humanity her valley girl facade doesn't seem to lend itself to.

I'm blanking on pretty much everything before college, so I'll leave you with this. Who are some of your favorites?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

DAMMIT... you stole Pacey. Definitely one of mine too...

Vaughn from Alias, mainly because he's so dreamy... and there's something about his voice.

Josh Brolin's character in Young Riders. I REALLY loved that show.

Sully from Dr. Quinn... such a man.

Rachel on friends. I've had just about every hair style/cut she has.

Chandler on friends... mainly because he reminds me of Josh.

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home