blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Monday, October 30, 2006

Holding Far Steadier than Before

I realize I that I never wrote a full send up of my Seattle trip. But one thing I must comment on before too much time passes by is seeing The Hold Steady.

Previously I was more in the Ryan camp than I was aligned with the DCeiver or the Pygs and their undying devotion to all things Craig Finn. Separation Sunday never really did it for me. The new album had me tapping my toes and singing along a lot more, so when Alan told me he'd gotten us tickets to see them play in Seattle, I was pleased. Especially considering how worship-worthy their last show in DC was.

Now, you can consider me a Hold-Steady-devotee. That was one of the most incredible shows I've ever seen. There aren't enough things I could say about Finn's effusive, energetic, emotional, physical, electric presence. In addition to being a tight, strong band, they were also there to host a party for everyone in the crowd. They brought the fun. In a major way. Everything you've heard is true, and you should rush to get tickets to their 11/25 show at the Black Cat.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Governess said...

another convert! although I'm opposite. still not totally sold on the new album, spe sunday devotee. but it's growing on me.

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home