blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Monday, June 11, 2007

Newsie Kids

This weekend I found out that Alyssa thinks that "Newsies" and "Kids" are the same movie. While I plan a back-to-back viewing party (obviously watching "Newsies" first, so that "Kids" is an even bigger kick in the crotch), here's a list of quotes from both movies. Can you guess which movies they're from?

  1. Never fear, Brooklyn's here.
  2. When you're young, not much matters. When you find something that you care about, then that's all you got.
  3. Look at me, I'm the King of New York!
  4. I think if we fuck, you would love it!
  5. What if you can't make yourself happy? Then I don't know. You know what you do then you forget, you block it out... If you want to be happy don't think... if you stutter don't talk.
  6. I can't afford to be a kid no more. For the first time in my life I got money in my pockets. Real money. Money, you understand?
  7. It's this brain of mine, it's always makin' mistakes... it's got a mind of its own.
  8. I have no legs, I have no legs
  9. I can't stand blood
  10. For a dreamer, night's the only time of day.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's understandable. I always get Bikini Beach Party and Requiem For A Dream confused — too many boardwalks.

11:01 AM  
Blogger BPO said...

I don't even know what "Kids" is, but I know #s 1, 3, 6, 8, and 9 are "Newsies." Definitely, 1, 3 and 9.

1:38 AM  
Blogger Blogs t r e t c h said...

If you don't know what Kids is, then you too have missed the hilarity of their comparison. Kids is about rape, drugs, sex and AIDS amongst New York teenagers in the nineties. Whereas, Newsies is a Disney musical about newspaper delivery boys who rise above the constraints of orphaniges and Pulitzer's iron fist at the turn of the century. Not at all the same thing.

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home