blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Well, that's a first

I got a promo copy of Bishop Allen's latest, The Broken String. It's really great! I might actually like it better than any of their other stuff. So after I'd given it a good listen and decided it had earned a spot on my iPod, I went to rip it when BAM! Access denied! The album's been blocked against ripping. Maybe it's just a precaution they're using on advance copies to guard against leaking? Or maybe it's something that's going to be creeping up more and more. If it's the latter, it's kind of a pisser. And means I'll be buying off iTunes even more than I do already. I guess this will be a car-only listener.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, here's what I found after a brief search on Oink. So by using DRM they've managed to slightly alienate a reviewer and accomplish approximately nothing. Great job, guys.

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home