blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

I think I'm more productive when my fingernails are painted

Because my hands are more interesting to look at maybe? All I know is that since yesterday, I've been productive as all hell, whittling down a goliath of a to-do-list to but 4 remaining tasks. And I even cleaned off my desk and my white board.

This new show, Chuck. I think I like it. It's Ugly Betty meets Alias, kinda. And the lead guy is Randy Scott + Alan Amerault + Jim Halpert. The first two people in that equation are friends of mine, so don't feel bad about not recognizing their names.*

Speaking of Jim Halpert, I had a dream a couple nights ago that John Krasinski and I were on a date at a farmer's market. He was picking me up and singing righteous brothers songs, and Stace Dawg was blowing bubbles through one of those complicated multi-window swirly bubble blower things, when, all of a sudden, a fly flew in my ear. Luckily I'd just bought some tweezers for my purse, so he got it out for me. What a guy!

Any suggestions as to what I should pack to stay in a house in South Carolina this weekend with roughly 13 guys I sorta know? Also, what do you wear to an October wedding when it's supposed to be 80 degrees outside?

A shrewdness of apes? You really expect me to buy that?

And, before I go, allow me to share two awesome grandparental moments from last night's family dinner:
1. Grampa slipping the bus boy a few silver dollars
2. Grampa says to gramma: "Hold my hand madame!" Gramma, giggling, replies: "Behave yourself!"


*Unless, of course, you watch local news in south florida, or were a fan of local music in the san francisco area a few years ago or my flickr page.

2 Comments:

Blogger BPO said...

Haha. I spent like a minute trying to figure out who Randy Scott or that Alan guy was.

7:35 PM  
Blogger Norf said...

A box of Alka-Seltzer Morning Relief would do well to win over the affectations of the 13 guys.

If it's self-defense you are interested in... may I suggest quiver of cobras, or a kettle of hawks? Those sound easy to carry on a plane.

Randy Scott on the news... could be worth watching.

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home