blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

ISO: My Own Dance Crew

I saw Step Up 2: The Streets this weekend. Aside from hearing the voice of Michael McDonald singing every time I type the title, I have been preoccupied with street dancing ever since. This movie, it was amazing. Not so much for the acting, which wasn't the best, but the dancing was out of this world. It makes the dancing in the original Step Up look like amateur hour. Seriously. I cannot express how deeply awesome it was. I went to see the movie in Ballston Mall, and after leaving the theater, went directly to FYE to buy the sound track. I am now DVRing every episode of that dance crew reality show on MTV, because Stacy told me some of the dancers from the movie are on the show. Stacy, Jamie, Jenna and I are currently planning a trip to a dance club (do you think The Dragon actually exists in Baltimore?), where we can hone our skills and possibly add some members to our crew. We don't have a name yet, but as the movie taught us, that will only be unveiled when we release our prank video on YouTube, in order to be considered for competition in the big street dance contest. Moral of the story: if you like stuff that is awesome, go see Step Up 2.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home