blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Thursday, June 05, 2008

A few things

1. Whichever of you had the cold when we were passing champaign bottles in celebration of Obama the other night, I curse you! Or maybe it's just allergies. But my head, it is full. However, that was a really fun impromptu Tuesday night party.

2. Philip Pullman (author of the His Dark Materials books) will be at the Barnes & Noble in Tysons on Sunday. Anybody wanna go?

3. The City Veins have a really, really nice press kit. For this reason, among others, you should all go see them Friday night at Iota.

4. The weather last night was crazy. Not a single stop light along rt. 50 in Arlington had power as I drove to the Flophouse for Top Chef night. And there were insanely huge puddles. And I've never seen such incredible lightning.

5. Speaking of Top Chef, that is some BULLSHIT.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jumbo Slice said...

Your post led me to a few thoughts:

1. Why didn't I guzzle a bottle of champagne after Obama clinched? A missed opportunity. I guess I'll just drink two when he wins in Nov. (or 10 if he loses).
2. We (DC Rock Club) are long overdue in checking out The City Veins. I tried the press link but it didn't work. I'd like to take a gander.
3. You say bullshit but I say it's more horseshit. I can't stand Lisa and am pulling for Stephanie all the way.
4. Final thought: I like lists.

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home