blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Boccato Gelato

On our way into the Galaxy Hut last night, Alyssa and I noticed a new gelato spot a few doors down — Boccato Gelato. I overheard the manager telling a hopeful customer that they'd run out and had to shut down all day to spend it making more gelato. Wow! On our way back to the car after a wonderful evening (with music from Janel & Anthony and The Woods, and hanging out with Jenna and Mitchell, and drinking Golden Monkey Tripel), we passed the shop again. I mentioned to Alyssa what I'd heard the guy say earlier, and he ran out to chat us up and give us free gelato! I think it was lychee and pineapple, but I could be remembering wrong. At any rate, it was incredibly good. Light, smooth, flavorful, and delicious. He said they've been open for a few weeks, and business has (obviously) been booming. Now, I haven't been to Italy so I'm not the world's foremost gelato expert, but what I tasted was pretty damn good. So, next time you find yourself on that stretch of Wilson, I recommend you stop in for a scoop.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is very good when the Argentinian guy is making it, not so good when the caucasian guy makes it. Both times I've had caucasian-guy-gelato it has been frozen solid. Gelato has a lower fat-content than ice cream so it needs to be stored at a higher temperature; that's why they have the special freezer.

11:51 AM  
Blogger gilbert said...

NOT CAUCASIAN...PERUVIAN....AND...YOU HAD PROBABLY A SORBET THAT JUST CAME OUT OF THAT FAMOUS FREEZER YOU JUST MENTIONED... NOT GELATO...

By the way ...grow up and stop
being racist my gelato loving friend!!!!!!
CV

12:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the gelato here! has a great neighborhood vibe, i hear expresso is coming soon so i might soon be an addicted boccato fan:)
T

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home