blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Adventures in recipe creation

On the way home from work I realized that I couldn't go to see Wall-E without eating something first. I hopped into the grocery store on the way home and quickly invented a recipe. It was delicious! Make some pasta and toss in:

  • Olive oil
  • Generous amounts of black pepper
  • Good salt (just a bit)
  • A little red pepper flake if you like a little heat
  • Chopped up prosciutto
  • Fresh basil
  • A sliced shallot
  • Gorgonzola cheese
  • Fresh chunks of cantaloupe
Voila! So tasty!

1 Comments:

Blogger Blogs t r e t c h said...

I should have noted that if the addition of cantaloupe freaks you out, you could use peas instead to still add some sweet but keep the dish in the savory category. But think about it! Proscuitto, melon and cheese is a classic combination! I'm just putting it in the main course.

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home