blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Monday, July 28, 2008

Jamie recipes never ever fail

sea bass with french beans and fresh herbsI watched a few DVR'd episodes of Jamie at Home this evening, and promptly ran out of the house to Whole Foods with some fresh culinary inspiration. I decided on his monk fish and runner bean recipe, saving a couple other ideas I got for next week's dinner party.

Well, WF didn't have runner beans, so I got french beans. And they didn't have monk fish, so I got Chilean sea bass. Basically, the magic happens thusly:

Saute together in some olive oil, garlic, anchovies (they melt away and add salty deliciousness, don't worry, it's not fishy), chilies, tomato paste, rosemary sprigs, and the beans. Put a lid on it and let that cook. I added some salt and pepper right towards the end.

On a grill or grill pan, cook up your fish. Lightly season it beforehand -- I did salt, pepper, oregano.

While everything's cooking up, chop together some parsley, garlic and lemon zest.

Plate the beans, then the fish, topped with the parsley mix. Then give it a few torn up pieces of fresh basil on top and a drizzling of olive oil.

The only thing that could have made this dish more delicious was some bacon. Seriously, add some crispy broken up bacon or pancetta. It would be top notch. Also, I think my bean to tomato paste ratio was off. It should have had more beans and less paste. Just to not let the tomato overwhelm everything else. My balance was just a touch off, the dish was still amazing.

On another note, it is absolutely remarkable and never ceases to amaze me how much more expensive shopping at Whole Foods is than anywhere else. Goodness gracious did that clean out my pockets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home