blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Friday, August 01, 2008

My Favorite Beatles Songs

This list is fluid. If you asked me a year ago, it probably would be very different. Three or four years ago, and it would have been almost entirely comprised of Paul songs. I've moved over to my John era, as you can see. Anyway, simply because I felt like it, here are my top 10 favorite Beatles songs right now, at this waning point of the summer of 2008.

10. Any Time At All
9. Two of Us
8. I'm Only Sleeping
7. Helter Skelter
6. I've Just Seen a Face
5. All I've Got to Do
4. Oh! Darling
3. Yer Blues
2. Dig a Pony
1. Happiness is a Warm Gun

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ok see, recently I made my status "happiness is a warm gun" and I got all these concerned messages. It's a fucking Beatles song people!!! Gesus. Once again proving our psyches are riding the same wavelength.

5:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I spent about 18 hours in the car this weekend. . . and in the middle of the day yesterday, I was reminded of how much I like "Penny Lane."

1:15 PM  
Blogger G.H. said...

Dig a Pony? Wha? At number two?

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I'm in my crossover phase from the upbeat Paul songs to John's sphere of influence...That said, though, I might be in the minority but "Getting Better" is just such a cool song. I mean, the vocal harmonies rule and the dialog between Paul's optimism and John's constant grounding in reality is structurally so ahead of its time. Awesome, awesome stuff. Thanks for the blog...:)

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home