blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Monday, September 08, 2008

I am so not cool anymore

I only saw a few minutes of last night's VMAs (I spent most of the evening eating homemade pizza and watching True Blood and Entourage (both of which were TERRIBLE) at Hobart House), but looking at the list of winners today I'm left... um... confused? I know that Britney Spears' performance last year at the awards was sort of the apex of her public crash. And this year she'd been scheduled to perform and sort of make the comback she destroyed last year. OK, great! I'm all for positive growth. But MTV, was it really necessary to give her really terrible single THREE awards? And I've never even seen the video! I watch music videos most mornings before leaving for work, so I've usually got at least a vague understanding of what's going on at the moment (for example, this one's getting more airplay than any others right now, from what I can tell). I have seen exactly one of the videos on this list. And it's not even the Lil Wayne video. It's the one by those abominations the Pussycat Dolls. Anyhow, my point being, either I have officially and completely lost touch with youth culture, or MTV has. Or some combination of both. 

2 Comments:

Blogger M.Sedlar said...

At a certain point, though, "True Blood" became so terrible that it was entertaining. The dialogue was hilarious!

That said, I'm never watching it ever again.

3:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i'll be happy when popstars stop making pop songs which respond to pop media.

meta meta meta. Give me an old school cheesified love song any day.

Seriously though, that britney song & accompanying video are terrible.

1:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home