blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Monday, October 13, 2008

I love TV

Because the new season of Friday Night Lights won't air on NBC until January, but is currently airing on DirecTV, and Catherine and I are impatient, and Sommer is kind enough to let us take up space in her Tivo, I was able to watch the first two episodes of the third season last night. And, it's SO much better than season 2. Still not back to the heights of season 1, but loads of potential. And man, I will never get over how pretty all those people are. And the effortless acting. So great. My one complaint: they've turned Billy (Riggins' brother) into a characature this season. He's always been the steady one in Tim's life (relatively steady, at least). This year he's a drunk engaged to a stripper who delivers hiccupy misguided advice. I hope they tone that down a bit. Otherwise though, clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose. 

I also watched the first episode of Life on Mars and really really liked it. And not just because Jason Mara and Lisa Bonet are so freaking attractive. It's taken just the right tone for the show it's trying to be, it seems. Hopefully the next few episodes keep that up. 
 
And finally, I think I may have lost interest in Ugly Betty. I watched the premiere, and the following episodes are just sitting in my DVR. Anybody else not feeling this season? 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home