blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Friday, October 10, 2008

Jolene, Jolene, Jolene, Jolene

Hey pals! I've had all sorts of adventures lately -- a great many of them taking place in Boston, where I went for a long weekend to visit Ms. Meagan. We had a blast. To summarize: befriending every Redskins fan in Boston, going to Fenway for a playoff game, a duck tour, Le Loup & Stereolab, and gallons upon gallons of both chowder and beer. Then I came home to bushels of crabs courtesy of Attackerlady, Obamanation, and lots of other good stuff. But anyway, here we are on Friday in Internet Land, and I have a great link for you! NPR did a story about one of my all time favorite songs, "Jolene." While NPR's real version of the story and why it's got such staying power are fascinating, I prefer the fictional version of the tale, which Dolly tells in all her glory in this video:


2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

oh! i heard this and loved it. I love her so much.

8:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is no Peter Cetera.

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home