blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Friday, February 13, 2009

Another reason Comcast kinda sucks

Why can't you set DVR recordings with Comcast's hardware by time? For some reason, it thinks that every episode of The Daily Show that plays is a new episode (which means TDS recordings are pushing out recordings of prime time shows and filling up my DVR space). On my old Cox DVR, I could choose to only record episodes that aired at a certain time - not just choose "all episodes" or "only new episodes." (So, I could say only record episodes at 11 p.m. on Comedy Central, getting around these types of problems.) Any tips?

5 Comments:

Blogger ComcastCares1 said...

There is a way. Here's how you can do it:

1. Press "my DVR" button on your remote.
2. Select, "set recording"
3. Select "create manual recording"
4. Set time and date
5. Select, "continue"
6. Look for the desired channel and program
7. Select, “record”

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Mark Casem
Comcast Corp.
National Customer Operations
We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com

12:53 PM  
Blogger Blogs t r e t c h said...

Hey thanks! Wow, blogging gets results.

12:56 PM  
Blogger bfalk said...

that's amazing! comcast is watching you!

5:33 PM  
Blogger Cat said...

I'm really grateful for both your post and Comcast's response, because I've been having the same problem. Yay!

4:16 PM  
Blogger Cat said...

Because of mix-ups in the past, I should specify that this (and the previous comment) is from Catherine Evans :)

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home