blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I sort of hate my camera

It's a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W80. How do you feel about yours? A friend I went camping with this weekend had a Canon Elf (this one maybe?) that took great photos and seemed to have all the things mine is lacking (zoom that makes pictures actually appear closer, rather than farther than your naked eye, good low-light capabilities, being able to take a photo without flash that isn't hella blurry, etc.). I am in the market. I don't need anything professional -- just a good quality digital point and shoot. Most of my photos are taken of: food, my cat, night time activities like concerts and parties and when things are on fire. Give me suggestions, please.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Drew said...

The Canon S90 is the new hotshit pocket camera, but it may be more than you are looking to spend, no clue what your budget is for the new camera. I'd look at one of the mid-range Canons (SD980, SD960) or one of the Panasonic Lumix cameras, which come in a pretty wide variety of costs/features.

2:57 PM  
Blogger care said...

Piggybacking on what Drew said...

I have had a Canon Powershot for several years and love it. It's not high-end, but it takes great pics and have a variety of features. It takes a steady hand to keep flashless pics in dark lighting from turning blurry, but I've managed some cool shots with it at 9:30 club and various other joints. Also, it has a big screen which is nice to review pics.

Canon is a pretty surefire way to go, regardless.

12:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home