blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Happy birthday, DCist!

I can't believe that DCist turns 5 this week. I started editing the music section a year into their existence, and have seen so much change and grow over the years. Writing for that site was sort of what kicked off all of the best parts of my adult life in DC -- it's how I met most of my social circle and got involved with most of the things I spend my time doing now. Happy birthday, you lovely little blog you. And I have to say, the new logo is lovely.

Also, if you get time today, check out the WaPo's two front food section stories -- one about Robin, the wonderful woman who runs the Bloomingdale and 14 & U farmers markets, and one by (original DCist food section staffer) Scott Reitz, on jerk chicken.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home