blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Stretch Has Left The Building

I've heard your complaints. I've gotten your IMs. The "Update your blog already!" message has been received and duely noted. I must appologize for my absence of late. You see, work has been crazier the past couple of weeks than anytime I can remember. Ever. Thus, my dicking around on the internt time is consumed by duty, then collapsing to sleep whenever it is I finally get home in the evening. This next week I'll be traveling -- for work -- to San Antonio, then for fun to Austin, so there won't be much word from s t r e t c hland. Try not to miss me too much, I'll be back in strong blogging form before too long, fret not.

Music. Recently acquired and liking a lot:
  • Kanye West - Late Registration (purchased by Stinker on iTunes by walking across the keyboard. Thanks little fella.)
  • Calexico & Iron and Wine - In The Reins
  • Superfurry Animals - Love Kraft
  • Stellastar* - Harmonies for the Haunted
  • The Rosebuds - Birds Make Good Neighbors
  • The Greenhornes - East Grand Blues
  • Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Howl
The concert season is just revving up and I'm very, very excited about that. Very very excited indeed. Kicking this off is the Austin trip, with The Arcade Fire and Black Keys on Friday night in a club, followed up with Saturday at the Austin City Limits festival. SWEEEEEEEET!!!! Then I come home in time to treat my ears and eyes to Brendan Benson, The Shins, and The White Stripes. *Gulp. Then Thursday night catching Brendan Benson again at Black Cat, then The Decemberists on Sunday (p.s., Drew's got extra tickets, so if you wanna attend this one, hollar) and Stellastar* on Wednesday. Yipes!!! I live for this stuff. Also just bought a bunch of tickets for more shows ~ Architecture in Helsinki, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah and the Fiery Furnaces.

Things. I've decided I can't live any longer without owning cowboy boots. Nothing's been purchased yet, but look for my spurs to be tearin it up around town soon.

Kittens. The most recent antics involved pushing the window screen out and jumping down two floors for a romp in the bushes. My window is effed. My kittens are insane.

I'm going to Rosie's engagement party tonight and leaving tomorrow afternoon for San Antonio, and haven't even packed yet. Gulp. Shit. Better get on that. Have yourselves a good week, faithful friends of mine. Consider that little list up there your homework until I get back. there may be a pop quiz.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There used to be this really weird western store that sold ridiculously expensive hats and stuff in Springfield Mall. I suggest you don some Kevlar and check it out.

10:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

COWBOY BOOTS... yet ANOTHER thing you and Josh Share... WTF WTF WTF.
(shhh I kind of like them too now)

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home