blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Vienna Halloween Parade!

I love the Vienna Halloween Parade. Here are a few reasons why.


It's a tradition for mom and I. Check out our light-up pumpkin necklaces! (And my Luke-Perry-esque eyebrow scar is extremely visible in this shot.)


The Kena Temple Shriners in their teeny tiny cars are always my favorite thing!


Various dance companies in Vienna. They're dancing to "We Built This City."


This year there was a dog parade!


And most excitingly, the REDSKINS MARCHING BAND!!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, did VIENNA DANCE ACADEMY kick the pants off of Cuppets School of Ballet's parade dance or what? Comments, blogstretch? haha, I love youth.

-Jenna (former performer in the Halloween Parade with VDA and '94 Winner of the Award for Best Parade Performance, ya heard?)OH MY GOD, was that over a decade ago? Whoa I just blew my own mind.

11:09 AM  
Blogger Blogs t r e t c h said...

Actually, hate to say it, but VDA looked pretty weak last night. It's clearly the absence of you, Iva* and the rest of our generation of dancers that's bringin' down the team.

*I had a long chat with Stephen last night about Iva and VDA and the halloween parade, while I helped the tuff guys decorate for their party on Friday.

11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww, i miss the vienna parade! it was always a fall highlight.

6:08 PM  
Blogger Jamie Mottram said...

I'm 28 and hail from Vienna. Can I be a shriner and drive around in a little car?

B-T-dubs, it's heart warming that you still go to the parade with your mom.

10:07 PM  
Blogger Blogs t r e t c h said...

Ya know Jamie, from what I understand, organizations like the Shriners are suffering a membership crisis. The younger generation just doesn't yearn to wear the funny hats and drive the funny cars. So, I'm sure your application would make it through! :)

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

2007 Vienna Halloween Parade tonight! Go Vienna Dance Academy! (Yes, I dance there. We're gonna do so well tonight!!!)

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home