blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

When I Grow Up and Get Married, I'm Livin' Alone!

So, as of about 1:30 this afternoon, I officially live alone. Big White Mike has packed up and moved out for more German pastures (well, mostly moved out -- his dad will be along sometime this week to gather his remaining furniture). In answer to your question, no, I will not be recruiting a new roomate. This has caused 2 primary reactions from the people I've told:
  1. Aren't you gonna be lonely?
  2. Aren't you gonna be poor?
In response to part 1: Maybe at first, but on the whole, not so much. I'm an only child, so solitary behavior suites me. Living with Mike has been a lesson in sharing space -- mainly the space in front of the TV. No bad talkin about Mike, he was a fantastic and generous roomate who helped me with absolutely anything I asked him to, but my GOD I will be so happy to watch TV in peace again. It'll just be nice to watch a show with an attractive female lead without hearing about her hot ass and/or rack; or watching an episode of a sitcom of some kind without a constant stream of nonsequetor references to previous episodes or other generally funny things, without explanation. The lack of "so how was your day" conversations will probably lead me to chatting up Stinker and Mr. Plant more than I already do at first, and I'll miss having somebody to eat dinner with, but I think the transition will go smoothly.

In response to part 2: My god yes. Keep your fingers crossed for a raise in my future, otherwise I will have to cease and decist my current dining-and-drinking-out-laden lifestyle. Or at least highly modify it.

I just got the feeling that I misspelled about 10 words in this post, but I'm running on fumes right now so you're just gonna have to accept them and move on, while I continue to wonder at exactly what rate my intelligence is slipping from me.

Bon Voyage, Mike Coleman! Say "hi" to Deutchland for me!

1 Comments:

Blogger Tyler said...

I know how you feel. That was my take on things when my roommate moved out. And fortunately, I got the raise not too long after!

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home