blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Hip Hip Hooraaaaayyy!!!

What a weekend!! Following what was quite possibly... nay, probably the most stressful week of work I've ever had, this weekend has been just fantastic. Friday night I got a visit from Miss Meagan, fresh in town from Boston. She helped me get all dudded up and sent me off to Sean and Danny's Christmas party. Total college reunion, and such a blast. Hilarity ensued left and right. My motto of the night was "I can't stop talking!" And it's always nice to see the best dressed versions of your friends, even if it did pretty much feel like a DU date function circa 2002. And yay for Cat being in town!! I sadly forgot to bring my camera along to this party, so I'll have to wait to see what other photographic evidence compiles. After loading up to the gills on wine and champaign, I reeled Alison in with me and we headed into la ciudad for Tom and Catherine's (no, not TomCat's) Christmas party (aka, the DCist/bloggers Christmas party). We scooped up miss Liz on the way and had such an awesome time. It's always funny being somewhere and hearing "And that's blogs t r e t c h over there..." Seeing lots of ePeople come to life was great fun. And of course the DCist lot is always great to hang out with. Lots of not-to-be missed discussions about books and other great stuff. Video game-based karaeoke. Hey look, I'm in a picture! (kind of) But my favorite part went like this:

scene: Liz and Amanda decide to pack it in and head home. Waiting in line for the bathroom before they depart, they hear the word "Dumbledor" very distinctly 3 times coming from the main room.

Amanda: I gotta get in on this! (Amanda darts off to bust in on the Harry Potter discussion)

After not so delicately crashing this conversation, we ended up having a very long, academic discussion of all things HP ~ morality, good/evil, fates, etc. It was fantastic. I was, to put it lightly, in heaven.

Not quite so heavenly was my Saturday morning/afternoon, when all the wine caught up with me. Yeeeeee.... Liz took me home and we consumed some Roswell DVDs and some mac n cheese. Finally got the motivation to shower, run my errands, and head over to mom's shin dig. What a great time I had! Lots of my favorite family friends and friend friends. By far the most exciting news of the evening was that DIANA IS ENGAGED!!!!!



Like how I burried the lead?

Clint proposed Friday night. The ring is beautiful and so perfect for her! She is quite literally my oldest friend. I can't believe she's getting married!! Clint, you're getting the greatest, nicest, kindest, smartest, most wonderful girl I know! Treat her right or you'll answer to me. I could not be happier for you D!



Also noteworthy was that Stinker is awesome and wore the Christmas necklace I made him all night, whereas Tink was embarassed by his and refused to leave the 2nd floor with it on. Here's Stinker being adorable.



More pics are up on Flickr. Now I must get some sleep before heading up to FedEx tomorrow to watch MY REDSKINS pummel the Cowgirls. LET'S GO REDSKINS!!!!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home