blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Drugs Are Great, Until They Sell Out

Or at least, that's what I've learned from VH1's series, The Drug Years. The series, running all this week, is actually pretty good. It replaces the omnipresent Ironic VH1 Cast of Comedians with a panel of people who actually did drugs growing up, and have a lot to say about it. Monday night's episode taught me that Peter Coyote loves drugs, especially acid. And that acid is totally awesome and only good things come from it. Last night's episode, however -- about the commercialization of the psychadelic movement and counter culture -- taught me that once things go main stream, people die and things stop being cool. And Woodstock and the Summer of Love? Totally for amateurs and wannabes. I've seen some great footage and heard some good commentary, but the overarching message of this series, at least so far, is that sell outs and posers totally kill everyone's buzz. And LBJ was a douche. So like, I totally did acid way before you did, so don't go acting like you're a real acid user, man. Cause I know about acid, when it was pure. I can't wait to hear what they have to say about coke, or Death Cab.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home