blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

I never thought I'd be so bummed about just seeing the Decemberists

The scene: 4:30pm, yesterday. Catherine informs me of the super secret just announced Beck show, to be on the Black Cat's back stage at midnight. Tickets: on sale at 9pm.

Me: OPLSA:JDF:JPOI!@U#$)#&_(*&DJ:LSDJFL:KDFJ

Since the two of us were already going to the Decemberists show, we thought, "wow! how perfect! we'll wait in line for Beck tickets, scoot on over to 9:30, see the Decemberists, then come back to the Black Cat just in time for the show. GREAT!"

Along with line-waiter #1 Kriston, we held our excellent position for aprox. 3 hours, only to find out that once you pay your Beck money and get your Beck stamp, you can't leave the Black Cat. We would have had to given up the already-paid-for Decemberists tickets and sat in the Red Room for three hours. So we went to the 9:30 club.

The Decemberists were fantastic, but Kyle's write up of Beck makes it sound like that show wasn't too shabby either. At least he didn't play Debra, otherwise I'd be cry, cry, cryin my day away.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jesus Mary and Joseph I am so upset I didnt try to go! I just assumed there wouldnt be a chance in hell i would get there in time. i need to start believing in myself more.
I can't believe you left the Beck line for the Decemberists!

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home