blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

What the woople

Last night I had several dreams, all of them about one thing: the song "All the Young Dudes" by Mott the Hoople. You know, the song they play in the
So okay, I don't want to be a traitor to my generation and all but I don't get how guys dress today. I mean, come on, it looks like they just fell out of bed and put on some baggy pants and take their greasy hair - ew - and cover it up with a backwards cap and like, we're expected to swoon? I don't think so.

scene in Clueless. The dreams were about the song itself, conversations about the song, an argument where Jenna insisted that Lou Reed wrote it originally, a clothing line based on the song, and much, much more. I woke up around 4am thinking whoa, I need to write this down. But I didn't. Anyhow, it's only noteworthy because... why that song? I'm not some die hard Mott the Hoople fan. Do die hard Mott the Hoople fans exist? It's a good song and all, but to thematically drive an entire night's worth of dreams? That's a bit much.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your subconscious was close because isnt that a Bowie tune?
Maybe Mott the Hoople rocks! Lets get an album!

10:41 AM  
Blogger Blogs t r e t c h said...

Well, Bowie wrote it when he was but a struggling musician peddling his wares. That's what we were arguing about in the dream. Haha

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home