blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Chris Thile, So Hot Right Now

Particularly his cover of The Strokes' "Heart In A Cage." After googling for an MP3, I see that Stereogum talked about it 2 months ago, which in indie rock music blogging makes me about 2 years too late. Regardless, Thile's album, How to Grow a Woman from the Ground is pretty fantastic. Julian Cassablancas' work reimagined as bluegrass is pretty fantastic too.

Also, check out Alela Diane. Is it obvious yet that I'm finally making my way through a mile-high stack of promo CDs? Alela Diane's album has made an absolutely perfect backdrop for me at work all week. Think of it as the middle ground between The Decemberists and Joanna Newsom. She's bringing her awesomeness to the awesomeness that is Galaxy Hut on Monday night, so get yourself there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home