blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Lessons from our Foremothers


My boss (sister of my mom's best friend from high school) brought in this amazing picture from said sister's wedding in 1972. She (far left) and my mom are both bridesmaids. Kudos to mom for bucking the style guidelines and not rocking straight hair. Those flipped out curls, that straight part on the top, you're really breaking new ground there. And the dresses... oh my dear the dresses. Diana, Beth -- please don't get any big ideas. I'll wear whatever you want in your weddings, but please, no collars. No... whatever that material is.

Also, according to my boss, the one on the far right's name is Waif.

Oh, and, can we all take a moment to applaud the Lohan? This is the best she's looked in probably 2 years. Way to go kid.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have three words for you, Mattos: strapless celadon parka. When I get married, I'm going to plan my wedding in January in Anchorage just to make sure that happens.

12:50 PM  
Blogger The Governess said...

dude. my mom wore that same dress as a 1970s-era bridesmaid, except in pwdr blue. With a matching portrait hat and white platform mary janes.

teh sweetness.

3:40 PM  
Blogger ike said...

Dude, Lindsay's skin still looks like low quality leather.

Attention fair people: give up on the tan and just live with it.

6:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lohan- is this before or after she slit her wrists and OD'd? How about before or after her loser boyfriend dumped her and hooked up with Paris. OH MY, what reading one US weekly will tell you!!

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home