blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Friday, January 05, 2007

I'm fine, I'm fine, and I hope that you are too!

Part of the intro to today's DCist morning roundup had a very familiar cadence and sent my mind rushing back to the hallowed halls of my elementary school. Every rainy day, the principal would say (during the morning announcements), "Whenever it's rainy outside, it's always..." and everyone would respond together, "sunny inside Louise Archer!" Now I'm being sort of flooded with LA memories -- the way certain administrators smelled of alcohol and/or cigarettes, the bunny rabbit we kept in the courtyard, the "hello, hello, hello and how are you?" song in music class, the annual book fair and spaghetti dinner. Anybody remember the name of Mr. Stanton's cockatiel?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home