blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Grammar Pet Peve

Misuses of this are right up there with this, "anyways," "I could care less,"(could you?) and the timeless trio of there/their/they're. I'm probably jinxing myself to accidentally commit one of those crimes or something else equally as heinous in the very near future and get called out on it relentlessly, but, whatever. I see "less" used where "fewer" should be all. the. time. It drives me batty.

This blog post brought to you by this one.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i use "anyways" all the time, even though I know it is simply dreadful.

then again, i also never spell out "your/you're" instead abbreviating it in some ridiculous teenspeak.

but i don't believe in grammar on blogs, anyways. or capitalization.

or anything, apparently. word anarchy!!!!!!

2:16 PM  
Blogger Blogs t r e t c h said...

Well at least you know better and CHOOSE to bend the system. I respect fighting the power, it just irks me when people apparently slept through 4th grade.

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home