blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Banana Mousse

I made this today*, and while I respect the low fat approach, it basically tasted like banana yogurt. So-so banana yogurt. Here are a few alterations I'd suggest if you're in the mood. Still doesn't make it too terrible a dessert for you.

-Add 1-2 tbs brown sugar
-Instead of 1 cup yogurt, do 1/2 cup yogurt, 1/2 cup fresh whipped cream
-Sprinkle some cinnamon sugar on the top of the dessert

And you're on your way to creamy deliciousness.

*In addition to minty peach salad (peaches, plums, mint, chives, honey), corn salsa (fresh corn, red & yellow peppers, fresh basil, sugar snap peas, red onions, honey), my favorite tilapia, and this cake, which is in the oven as we... type. My gimpiness has lead to extreme domesticity. Anybody hungry?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home