blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Party!

My birthday party.... involved way too many drinks, so precise details are slightly hard to remember, but, I do know that a lot of super awesome friends came -- some who I actually talked to, some who I bounced around too much and didn't (sorry Jenna, Sam, DCist friends), and I had a ton of fun. Which may not have been evident when I dipped out around 1:30 with Alyssa and Sommer... the beer, it moved me. It moved me to the black cat where I turned down shots from galaxy hut staffers, which they were displeased with, but probably aided my health today quite a bit. But back to the actual party. I'm pretty sure I had only 4 conversations last night, over and over again with whoever would listen to me yammer about the following topics:
  1. How hilarious Superbad is and how everyone needs to see it. NOW!
  2. How fancy the bartender and everything he does and is was.
  3. Jason Campbell's knee.
  4. BOYS!
Also, Drew took some awesome pictures (which I told anyone who would listen to me that he would, because "Drew's an excellent photographer." I was big on Bridget Jones-style details about people last night). After gallavanting around the greater D.C. area (or at least, portions of north west), The Hotel Sommer welcomed Alyssa and I, and even included butterscotch rice krispie treats before bed, and something to wear over my dress so I wasn't sporting sequins while walking around the city on Sunday morning. Hollar!

In summation, I had a great time, despite my social ADD, and thank you very much to all of you that came out to help me celebrate 26 long years of life.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenna said...

haHA! actually no need to apologize for not talking to me, because we sat down and had an h to h for at least 20 minutes right before you left. Guess that convo was for the birds!

11:43 AM  
Blogger Blogs t r e t c h said...

ha, woops. looks like i should have raised the embargo on shots a little sooner than i actually did. sorry jp :)

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home