blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Get Your Serve On

For the second year in a row, DCist is recruiting a team for Servathon. Last year I was part of our crew that helped to repaint Hine Junior High. It was great to make some time to help other people out; all throughout high school and college, I spent a lot of time volunteering for different organizations. In my old age, I hardly ever make myself find the time. (I guess I "volunteer" for DCist, and put in many many hours to that, but, music blogging isn't filling any significant community needs.) Anyway, having at least one Saturday a year on the books to make a contribution to the world rather than enjoy my hangover on the couch is a pretty great thing. If you'd like to participate on May 3, you can join Team DCist. All it takes is $20 and a day of your time. Or, if you can't make it but would still like to contribute, you can also donate money to our team.



In other DCist news, Exposed starts this Friday! I'll be out of town for Ms. Kinlein's wedding, but if it's anything like last year, it will be quite the event. The photos will be on display at Civilian Art Projects for a week or so past the opening, so even if you can't make it Friday you should try and get out there at some point. Take a look at some of the winning work if you need any convincing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home