blogs t r e t c h

between a roux and a bechamel

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

"He throws his jawbone out front as if it were fashioned out of impenetrable iron, "

"...holding onto the microphone with hands ringed by golden baubles that have the design of graduating class rings, but are likely heirlooms from some ancient familial heroics, as those are the kinds of things that one gets the impression that the young man cherishes in life and holds dear."

I'm no stranger to romanticizing Hamil/ton Leit/hauser. But between my adoration and my knowledge of the guy, I cannot for the life of me figure out what possessed this Daytrotter writer to pen the On the Road of all things Ham. I get the stylistic link to the Leonard Cohen songs the band recorded (which, are great), but "overblown" doesn't seem to cover it. Not to mention — where's the rest of the band in this article? I don't want to poo-poo fellow Walkmen lovers, but I couldn't help but wonder what kind of spell this guy was under when writing this post. Anyhow, go listen to the LC covers, they're pretty fantastic.

Oh, also. The drawing accompanying the article is hilariously opposed to everything I've ever encountered about HL's personality. Prim and quiet he is not. Or, maybe this guy caught the band on a particularly scholarly day and I've only seen them drunk. Whatever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home